The newly established eight-member Environmental Advisory Council acts as a sounding board for Commissioner John Schroer and agency leadership on issues involving the impacts of transportation projects and policies on the natural and human environment.
Members were selected based upon three key factors: experience in environmental leadership; statewide perspective on environmental policies and issues; and a strong interest in working toward transportation solutions to protect and enhance the environment.
Environmental Advisory Council Members:
- Blythe Bailey – Administrator of Transportation for the Chattanooga Transportation Department
- Anne Davis – Managing Attorney, Nashville Office of Southern Environmental Law Center
- James R. Hagerman, P.E. – Director Engineering, City of Knoxville
- Makayle Houghton – Executive Director of the Cumberland and River Compact
- Michelle Williamson Haynes – Vice Chair, Tennessee Real Estate Commission
- Ralph Moore – Executive Director of the Memphis Area Association of Governments
- Skip Lawrence – Chief Managing Officer, Lawrence Brothers, LLC & Member, Nashville Downtown Partnership Residential Development Committee and Cumberland River Compact
- Shari Meghreblian – Deputy Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation