The Latest on the Henley Project
Henley Update, June 14, 2013:
At Pier #4 the last section has been poured and the soffit/cap construction has started. Pier #5 caps, beams and panels are complete. Pier #3 caps are set and diaphragm construction has begun. Barrier rail construction is complete out to Span #6 and Span #1. Beam placement has begun at Span #3. Overhang construction is being finished at Span #5 and Span #2 in preparation for the deck concrete pour.
Neyland Drive will continue to have temporary lane closures during daytime work operations for overhead construction on the north spans. The Greenway will also have temporary closures if work is being performed above it. The status of the Greenway can be followed daily on twitter, at @HenleyBridge.
For more information on the Henley Bridge project, please visit our website, at www.tn.gov/henley.
- Contractor: Britton Bridge, LLC,
Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
- Amount: $24,696,969.47
- Revised Contract Amount: $31,012,831.35
- Henley Bridge Closures: Henley Bridge was closed to traffic on January 3, 2011
- Henley Bridge will open to Traffic: February 28, 2014
- Completion in Entirety: June 30, 2013
- Project Completion in Entirety: June 3, 2014