James K. Polk Building, Suite 1800
Nashville, TN 37243
phone (615) 741.2781
fax (615) 253.1482
Locally Developed Coordinated
Public Transit-Human Services
Federal transit law, as amended by SAFETEA-LU (Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users) requires that project selected for funding under the Elderly Individuals and Individuals with Disabilities (Section 5310) Job Access and Reverse Commute (Section 5316), and New Freedom (Section 5317) programs be “derived from a locally developed, coordinated public transit-human services transportation plan” and that the plan be “developed through a process that includes representatives of public, private, and non-profit transportation and human services providers and participation by members of the public.”
A locally developed, coordinated, public transit-human services transportation plan (“coordinated plan”) identifies the transportation needs of individuals with disabilities, older adults, and people with low incomes, provides strategies for meeting those local needs, and prioritizes.
Transit Coordination Plans (plans are in PDF format)
- Coordinated Human Services Transportation and Program Management Plan
- Clarksville Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Cleveland Urbanized Area Transit Service
- Delta Human Resource Agency
- East Tennessee Human Resource Agency
- Franklin Transit Authority
- Jackson Transit Authority
- Johnson City Transit System
- Knoxville Transportation Planning Organization
- Mid-Cumberland Human Resource Agency
- Morristown (Lakeway)
- Northwest Tennessee Human Resource Agency
- South Central Tennessee Development District
- Southeast Tennessee Human Resource Agency
- Southwest Tennessee Human Resource Agency
- Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency
Public Transit – Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Project
August 2008, TDOT announced that the Rural Public Transit Agencies in the state would be working to incorporate the use of an Automated Dispatching and Scheduling system, Routematch TS, to assist in meeting the federal goals of Coordinated Public Transit services.
Tennessee Public Transit ITS project will incorporate the use of Routematch TS scheduling and dispatching software, Mentor Ranger Mobile Data Computers in each van to providing a GPS and automated route planning for the driver. This tool will help in providing each of the agencies the opportunity to increase ridership while decreasing the number of vans on the road.
For questions or concerns about this project contact us at ITS.PublicTrans@tn.gov . We will post a response here within 72 hours.