Print News Release
One of the statewide initiatives administered by TDOT is the Transportation Enhancement Grant Program.

Transportation Enhancements (TE) activities are federally funded, community-based projects that expand travel choices and enhance the transportation experience by improving the cultural, historic, aesthetic and environmental aspects of our state’s transportation infrastructure. TE funds must be spent on one of the 12 eligible activities and must relate to surface transportation.

Projects can include the creation of bicycle and pedestrian facilities, streetscape improvements, refurbishment of historic transportation facilities and other investments that enhance communities and access. TE projects are funded at an 80% federal share with the remaining 20% paid by local governments.

For more information on the Enhancement Grant program visit