Project Update (Updated 11/18/13)
Elm Hill Road at City Park Drive in now open to traffic.
Progress Made To Date:
- Approximately 370,000 of the 669,802 cubic meters of fill material is in place and this operation will continue until complete
- Storm drain instillation continues as the contractor reaches the necessary grades with their fill material
- Installation of utilities (Water, Sewer and Gas) is complete at this time. It will continue as construction phasing allows.
- As roadway slopes are being completed topsoil is being placed and stabilized with seed, straw and matting for permanent stabilization.
- Construction of box and culvert for access to the TVA toe drain is complete This will enable the fill operation in this area to begin.
- Bridge #1 (over Norfolk Southern Railroad): Phase I Construction of the bridge over Norfolk Southern Railroad is complete. Demolition has begun on the existing bridge over Norfolk Southern RR.
- Bridge #2 (over TN River): Abutment #1 is under construction. The abutment beam and wing wall footings are poured. No further work can begin until beams are set. Construction of the haul road and temporary dock area at the abutment #2 end is under construction.
- Bridge #3 (over Tellico Canal): Abutment #1 and #2 are complete. Pier #1 footing is poured and column forms are being fabricated. The coffer dam frame for pier #4 is being constructed.